[MBIX-News] Quickstream Internet joins MBIX

Jonathan Stewart jonathan.stewart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:33:30 CST 2016

http://www.mbix.ca/quickstream-internet-joins-mbix/

Quickstream Internet joins MBIX

Last week the finishing touches were completed on our newest member
connection

Quickstream Internet, a Manitoba WISP, is now connect to MBIX and peering
on IPv4 and IPv6.  They’re plugged into to our switch at 167 Lombard at 10
Gbps.

This bring our connected peer count to 20. That means there are now 20
independent networks connected to MBIX, which is a nice milestone.

It’s great to have more Manitoban networks connecting to MBIX, traffic
levels are now reaching 600 Mbps on the average day–all this represents
data not flowing to via expensive long haul links to the United States or
Toronto, or through the expensive large telcos.  Keeping data local is
definitely good for Manitoba.

Thanks for your interest in MBIX!

--
     Jonathan