[MBIX-News] Nexus 7004 Power-up

Jonathan Stewart jonathan.stewart at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 14:59:31 CDT 2013

Hello MBIX-followers,

Yesterday afternoon, we powered up the Cisco Nexus 7004 which will serve as
the peering fabric switch for MBIX.

It's a mighty beast, with big fans, and 96 ports.  We also established
console access, but remote access to the switch won't be complete until
routing and BGP are up, which is will happen very soon.

We have 48 10/100/1000 Mbps copper ports (RJ45), and 48 SFP+ 1/10 Gbps
ports.  If we hit limits on this switch, we'll be successful beyond our
highest hopes.  We expect this platform to be suitable for the forseeable
future.

Cheers,

--
     Jonathan